Monday, August 15, 2011

One of my favorite days

The third day of class is one of my favorite days of class every year. By this time, the students have learned a thing or two (or more), yet they still have a "this is all new" feel about them. When we were almost done with our World Religions lesson on traditional African religions today, I did a quick round of oral questions for my students. I asked question after question about our content and their ideas and all students answered. At the end of the question session, I asked, "Now, how much of that did you know one week ago?" Faces lit up as students realized that they had learned quite a bit in just three lessons. It is important to point out learning to students so that we can celebrate their achievements with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add This